Since we launched Tasmanian Gold solid lotion bar in June 2022, it's become our best selling product. Our customers just love it and it's not hard to see why. When you think about the many benefits of using a solid lotion bar (instead of the usual liquid lotions and creams), you'll be a convert too!
So what exactly is a solid lotion bar?
Well, quite simply, it's a rich moisturising cream in a bar form. You use it to moisturise your skin, just like you would any liquid or cream moisturiser. It is made with plant-based ingredients that stay solid at room temperature but will melt a little from your body heat, allowing you to apply the lotion bar as needed. When you're done, you just store it in our recyclable and reusable tin ready for next time. Although it does resemble soap, it is not soap and can not be used to clean your skin.
Our lotion bar is wonderful for dry hands, elbows, knees, feet....anywhere you would usually use a rich moisturiser. It's suitable for use by the whole family, and comes in a variety of scents (including unscented) so you'll smell gorgeous too.
Technically, the word "lotion" implies an emulsion of oils and water, however our lotion bar does not contain any water and more closely resembles a balm or a butter. Unlike some body butters, it absorbs quickly and will not leave a sticky or oily feeling.
What makes Tasmanian Gold solid lotion bar unique?
As with any skincare product, the quality of the ingredients is a very important factor in how it performs. As Wilderness Lab is located in a beautiful rural region of Tasmania, there are some wonderful organic producers nearby. We've selected the most premium locally-grown oils to include in Tasmanian Gold, including Calendula, Hemp, Lavender, and Olive Oils.
The Calendula is organically grown just 30 minutes down the road and produces the most beautiful rich golden oil infusion that I've ever seen in my life. It truly is remarkable. We use Olive Oil grown in a local town called "Nowhere Else" (yes, that's actually the name of the town!). Our Hemp Seed Oil comes from a farm in the South of Tasmania, and our Lavender Oil from the world-famous Bridestowe Estate in the North of Tasmania.
All of these ingredients contribute to the high quality of our lotion bars and I believe make it better than anything else out there.
What are the benefits of using a solid lotion bar?
- Value for money - use only as much as you need with no wastage. You can use up every last bit of the bar and not have to worry about wasting any product that might get stuck in a tube or bottle.
- Portable - take it with you easily without worrying about spilling or leaking. It doesn't take up much space in your bag and is easy to apply on the run.
- Contains only nourishing ingredients - no fillers, petrochemicals, SLS, synthetic fragrances or preservatives.
- No plastic and less waste - comes in a recyclable and reusable tin, with refills available when you run out.
- Longer shelf life: Solid lotion has a longer shelf life than liquid lotion because it doesn't contain water, which can spoil or go rancid over time.
- Less messy: Solid lotion is generally less messy to use than liquid lotion because it doesn't leave a greasy residue on your hands or surfaces.
Convinced yet? Well the best way to find out how good a solid lotion bar can be is to try it for yourself. You can choose your favourite scent and buy one online, or you can visit one of our stockists throughout Australia and get it right away.
Join our growing number of Tasmanian Gold fans and help reduce plastic waste at the same time!